An increasing number of health experts have highlighted the benefits of squatting. One of them is Dr Alejandro Cardona of the University of Valencia, Spain:
“Having reviewed all the scientific literature available on the squatting posture and having had some personal experience with this ancient, time-tested method for natural evacuation, I have no hesitation in recommending it to my patients.”
The health benefits of squatting include:
- Waste is expelled more easily, quickly and completely
- A cleaner and healthier colon.
- No cost, natural remedy and treatment for hemorrhoids and constipation.
- Prevents waste from entering into and contaminating the small intestine.
- Flexing of the thighs against the lower abdomen supports the intestines, and help to prevent hernias.
- Straightens the final pathway between the rectum and the anus – making it easy for the colon to be emptied easily, without straining.
- Prevent stagnation of waste (fecal stagnation), which gives increased protection against colon cancer and inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Protects the pelvic floor and also pelvic nerves responsible for prostate health, bladder control and sexuality.
- Help mothers-to-be prepare for a more natural and comfortable delivery.
This article was originally posted at: